Senior Python Engineer
As a Senior Python Engineer, you’ll play an integral part in helping to design, develop, and deliver innovative software solutions to our clients. We are looking for full-stack developers who have focused primarily on web app development and have solid experience building RESTful web services. This position will consist of creating and designing innovative new features, collaborating cross-departmentally, and communicating with our customer base to better understand product direction and goals.
Come join the fun and build something great with us!
What you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Design, develop, and deliver amazing software solutions
- Encourage and promote innovation, development best practices, and solid lifecycle processes
- Collaborate with your team on work definition, estimation, and prioritization - you’ll be part of a small team that enjoys a lot of autonomy
- Participate in tooling, library, and framework research and discussion
- Learn and grow as a professional software engineer, and help other engineers grow through mentoring and pair programming
What you’ve done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- You are fluent in Python (7+ years) and building RESTful Web Services (2+ years)
- Deep experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an iterative development environment
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining unit, integration, or performance tests
- Working knowledge of non-relational databases (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, patience, and ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving organization
- Self-starter, team player, and a knack for taking on complex engineering challenges
- Meticulous attention to detail; working knowledge of QA principles and best-practices
Who you are:
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- You know what ‘fast-paced’ really means and you embrace it.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- You never say “That’s not my job.”
Who we are:
Leadpages was thrilled to make #148 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list (we were #2 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in both 2015 and 2016. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- 2 (yes, two) work-from-home days per week.
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis.
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note: residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun.
- Finally, no politics and no jerks.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Additional Application InstructionsSound like you? To apply, please submit your tailored resume, a link to your LinkedIn or Github profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you're a fit for this position. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Sign up for Job Alerts
Full Stack Software EngineerDefy VenturesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 22
Back-End Software DeveloperCatalpaEast Timor (or anywhere)Mar 13
UI Designer / Front End DeveloperCatalpaEast Timor (or anywhere)Mar 13
Senior / Lead Python Backend DeveloperPickitVisby, SwedenMar 03
Senior Python EngineerLeadpagesMinneapolis, MN, United StatesFeb 17
Latest from the webjobs by
Research Data SpecialistUniversity of VirginiaCharlottesville, VA7 Mar
Entry Level Software EngineerLaunchCodeSeattle, WA24 Mar
Entry Level Software EngineerLaunchCodeProvidence, RI24 Mar
Entry Level Software EngineerLaunchCodePortland, OR24 Mar
Entry Level Software EngineerLaunchCodeKansas City, MO24 Mar